Sunday 15 January 2017

Patchwork Sew/Quilt Along - Block 1


I try and make a block every day which allows me to join in many of the sew-alongs happening in internet-land.  There are many reasons why you should join a sew-along but that is another blog for a different day.  For now I want to share with you one sew-along that I think is great for beginner and experienced quilters.


The Fat Quarter Shop's Patchwork quilt-along is free to join (although a small donation to their chosen charity is always welcome).  The blocks are scrap happy so you can use your stash and they are simple to piece.  A new pattern is released every month and you can find all the details, together with the pattern for Block 1 HERE.

Although I join in the sew-alongs, I seldom make full size quilts as I will not use all of them.  I tend to make smaller items and for the Patchwork sew-along I have decided to create an autumnal table runner and topper using two of each months' blocks.
  
Block 1 'Souvenir of Friendship' is quick to put together and very easy - especially if you press all seams towards the darker fabric so nesting seams is quick.


(Note:  I pressed the last long four seams open to help the block lay flat.)

So why not jump right in - as I say you do not have to make a full-size quilt - there are a lot of other options.  

Until next time ..........

1 comment:

  1. What a fun way to keep involved in lots of sew alongs, and keep your patchwork skills sharp! I love orange colors!!
    Susie

    ReplyDelete