Friday 13 February 2015

Half-Hearted Mug Rug and Block

Half Hearted Mug Rug Pattern
It is odd really – how we start off doing one thing and it leads on to another.  So it was with today’s block, Block 44 'Half Hearted' .......  
Block 44 - Half Hearted
The idea came to me whilst I was paper-piecing Block 43 (Patriotic Heart).  I thought how lovely an appliquéd heart would look using two different fabrics.  And it does look lovely in many different colourways.   
Block 44 in Yellow & Blue
From there it was just a short jump to a new Patchsmith pattern – the Half-Hearted Mug Rug pattern. 
Half Hearted Mug Rug in Yellow & Blue
Which just goes to show that if you do things you love then the ideas will follow. 

14 comments:

  1. What a lovely project. Your fabrics look great with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - they are all scraps left over from other projects (except the binding)

      Delete
  2. Hello Amanda! Love your half-hearted mug rug! It looks fun to make! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun Christine - I had to stop myself at two although I did make a few extra heart blocks - I know they will come in handy for projects.

      Delete
  3. I love your "half-hearted" mug rug!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sheila - I love it too but I am a mug rug addict!

      Delete
  4. Another "favorite" design to add to my Patchsmith file! I love the unexpected color and pattern combinations. I love them "whole-heartedly"!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are truly "following your heart" , Amanda! These are just so beautiful. Your scraps don't look like you are using scraps!! :)
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how such a small change can have a big impact. Your half-hearted projects are all adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just loving these and your diamond ring, they are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are super cute just like all your mug rugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you. I can't help it - I just love to play with fabric!

    ReplyDelete